24 August, 2009

What's Missing from the cataclysm announcement

So with all the announcements at BlizzCon and the great questions asked by the participants, I find that there were a small omissions, but one that was FREAKING HUGE:

Where's the Hero class?

Uh, did you just forget to add one? Are you holding back on the announcement? Is it yet to be decided? Or did Blizzard FINALLY realize (and oh god I hope so*) that DK's were such a disaster that we're DONE with hero classes?

I'm actually more shocked that none of the Blizzcon attendees asked this question. Maybe it wasn't in the streamed video, but I haven't seen any discussion about a heroic class. I haven't even seen any discussion about the omission of a heroic class.

Other interesting omissions:

The Emerald Dream: I was hoping to see the Emerald Dream/Nightmare in the new expansion. The entire male half of the night elf race spent around 10,000 years here, and now Malfurion's back... but where the hell has he been.
PS WHere the hell has Malfurion's BODY been for the past few years?

Alas, the other omissions have currently fallen out of my head. I'll edit or post more later, but these are the ones that have been on my mind. Stay tuned for more thoughts on my thoughts on Azeroth, I've got some stuff simmering.

-Tris

*PS I'm not really opposed to the concept of hero classes. Just what they've DONE with this one hero class has seriously wrecked the play environment IMO. More to come on this soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment